[TriLUG] Linux PDAs

davis davis at skink.net
Mon Dec 8 22:59:03 EST 2003

On Mon, Dec 08, 2003 at 10:41:43PM -0500, Ilan Volow wrote:

<stuff snipped.>

> Sharp, the Zaurus hardware folks, are just as guilty of making the
> Zaurus suck as a PDA as Trolltech are. These dimwits put the power
> button for the Zaurus on the *outside* of the PDA. It's not protected
> by anything (the button is actually raised), and more than once I've
> taken my Zaurus out of my pocket only to find it's already running
> (other times I take it out and find the battery is already dead). There

I use a hackmaster mod on my old, palm III so that I have to
press the scrollbar down at the same time I press the power button to turn
on the unit.  Otherwise, I find that myself in the same situation you
descibe above.  ie. the unit is turned on accidentally from when its put
in my pocket.

<stuff snipped.>
--
Happy Trails

John F. Davis
ABC #6334 1992 R100GSPD                    Durham, North Carolina
http://www.skink.net