[TriLUG] Recommendations for web forums package

Magnus Hedemark chrish at trilug.org
Tue Dec 9 14:06:10 EST 2003

On Tue, 9 Dec 2003, Byarlay, Wayne A. wrote:

> ...so you should first have a RDBMS package installed? Will MySQL work?

Yes and yes.

> or whatever that default RedHat DB program is? I too am interested in a
> free Forum-type thing.

IIRC, Red Hat has both PostgreSQL and MySQL available via up2date.  You'll
also need other related packages for php<->rdbms integration, etc.

If you have yum installed and your yum repository has groups set up you
can "yum groupinstall" the groups "Web Server" and "SQL Database Server".
You'll almost certainly get a few more packages than you need but you
won't get stuck in dependency hell.