[TriLUG] delivery of spool email

Jason Tower jason at cerient.net
Tue Dec 9 16:16:51 EST 2003

i just went thru this exact same thing on my server.  you can add a few
lines to the top of /etc/procmailrc to send mail to the users homedir
like so (assuming you're using procmail):

MAILDIR=$HOME/mail
DEFAULT=$MAILDIR/inbox

the roblem is that UW-imap won't be able to read them as it looks for
/var/spool/mail/$USER.  my solution was to switch to dovecot, it's
still a tad buggy (i get the occational indexing error) but otherwise
works fine.  let me know if you want additional info.

jason