[TriLUG] Newb question about installation

BRM midkiff1 at email.unc.edu
Wed Dec 10 13:56:05 EST 2003

Hi:

I have a new 80 GB Western Digital Caviar hard disk, and I want to set
it up for triple-booting; i.e., I want to run Win98, Win2k and Linux
from it. I have the SuSE version 7.3 of Linux (full package = 7 CDs and
one DVD).
What is the best procedure for partitioning and installing these three
operating systems? I have tried installing Win98, then Win2k first, but
the Linux setup will not recognize the partition table. If I have to
boot with LILO from a floppy disk, that is fine. Win2K uses its own
bootloader for dual-booting with Win98.
Anyone out there tried this yet?

Thanks.

BRM