[TriLUG] Video card recommendations

Ryan Leathers ryan.leathers at globalknowledge.com
Thu Dec 11 11:09:09 EST 2003

I use an nVidia TI4200/64

This is a nice 3D gaming card, but also happens to be a capable dual
head card.  I use the DVI output for my flat panel and the SVGA output
for my older 21" monster monitor.  I can control resolutions
independantly and use this setup for dual boot RH9 and WinXP without a
hitch.  Im very pleased with it.

On Thu, 2003-12-11 at 10:51, zzd wrote:
> I use Matrox G550 (Dual Head) cards in both my systems and find them well
> supported in Mandrake (9.1+), RH (9+), and Gentoo (1.4 GRP) and been very
> happy with them.
>
> On Thursday 11 December 2003 10:24 am, Ron Joffe wrote:
> > Hey folks,
> >
> > I am looking for a video card recommendation / experiences.
> >
> > What I need is either a single card, or two cards which will provide two
> > outputs (DVI) at 1600x1200. I'm not looking for gaming cards, but 2-D
> > drafting type applications. I have both pci and AGP slots available to me,
> > and of course it has to play with Linux.
> >
> > Any recommendations, horror stories, etc.
> >
> > I have always stuck with Matrox cards for this application, but I figured I
> > might ask around and see what others use.
> >

> > Ron

Ryan Leathers <ryan.leathers at globalknowledge.com>
Global Knowledge