[TriLUG] OT: IBM Netfinity 4000R

Jason White jason at jw2.org
Fri Dec 12 00:18:25 EST 2003

* Tarus Balog (tarus at blast.com) [031211 14:57]:
> We have three Netfinity 4000R systems, and we are having some issues
> with the hardware. Does anyone happen to have a manual for these
> systems, specifically the beep codes?

Sorry, I can't help you with the beep codes, but I just have to say
how miserable our life has been with IBM Netfinity boxes.  We have
several 4500R and 6000R models (running Linux), and have had nothing
but problems with them -- mostly the drives.  In fact, IBM hardware
support is coming on site tomorrow to troubleshoot.

All of our new Intel boxes are HP's, and I'm much happier with them.

This url might be of some use:  http://tinyurl.com/yw0u

Jason