[TriLUG] Raleigh Spammer Charged

Greg Brown gregbrown at mindspring.com
Fri Dec 12 12:42:31 EST 2003

I guess the larger question is electronic data transfer treated as if
it were interstate commerce?  If so the feds would have jurisdiction,
so I guess not.  Eh, it's a question best left to the lawyers.

At the same time I'm glad something is being done.  I have well over
1000 spams in my inbox over the past four days.  That's too many.  And
on NPR they talked with "experts" who expect the rate to double in the
next six months.  Yuk.

Greg