[TriLUG] BZFlag rule changes.

Jason Tower jason at cerient.net
Tue Dec 16 09:57:40 EST 2003

i'll add my $0.02:

On Tuesday 16 December 2003 09:37, Chris Knowles wrote:
> Some people have asked that I make some changes to the rules for the
> BZFlag server, and rather than just impose them onto people, I
> thought I'd poll for input.
>
> The changes are:
>
> Change from 5 shots to 3 shots.

sure, let's give it a try.

> Add a shot limit to the Shockwave flag.

-1.  if you could set a *kill* limit on a flag i'd like to see that
implemented, otherwise only the laser and perhaps the guided missile
should have shot limits.

> Change the map that the Free-For-All server uses. (if you want this,
> I'd obviously need candidates for the map.)

i like the current "random" maps, and would not want to see a change.
obviously you could add maps on other ports but let's leave the current
map as is.

> Also, if you have any ideas...

i'm still gonna lobby for removal of the laser flag.  it's reached a
point where if i'm killed and someone has the L, i don't even rejoin
until the flag is dropped.  and several other players do the same
thing.  any flag that is sufficiently powerful (even with a shot limit)
to discourage people from playing is a detriment to the game.