[TriLUG] BZFlag rule changes.

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Tue Dec 16 10:05:45 EST 2003

On Tue, 2003-12-16 at 09:42, Tanner Lovelace wrote:
> Chris Knowles wrote:
> > Some people have asked that I make some changes to the rules for the
> > BZFlag server, and rather than just impose them onto people, I thought
> > I'd poll for input.
> >
> > The changes are:
> >
> > Change from 5 shots to 3 shots.
>
> Isn't there a flag that will let you have multiple shots?  If so, then
> if you reduce the shots down, can you add that flag?

If not, then I vote no.  I like the worlds where you can really
shot-em-up! though I have become a marksman thanks to some of the
"rabbit" worlds (where folks only get two shots).

Any chance you can load different rule sets on different days?  Then we
could get a variety:
  Mono Monday - one shot at a time
  Two-fer Tuesday - two shots
  Wild Wednesdays - eight shots
  Thunderous Thursdays - 5 shots, no limits on GM or Laser
  Frantic Friday - 5 shots (as now)

> > Add a shot limit to the Shockwave flag.
>
> I'm not sure I see the point of this.  Shockwave is somewhat limited
> at times because of how close you have to be to someone.  If you're
> far away from someone it's completely useless.  So, I would vote
> -1 to this proposal.

I agree with Tanner, -1
The flag is already limited by distance.

> > Change the map that the Free-For-All server uses. (if you want this, I'd
> > obviously need candidates for the map.)
>
> Are there good sources of maps anywhere that people can look at?

I've played on some cool maps, the ones with a multilayer feel add a new
dimension to the game.  I'm willing to help do a map.

> > Also, if you have any ideas...
>
> None, right off hand, but thanks very much for setting this up! :-)
>
> Cheers,
> Tanner

Yes, Thanks for setting this up Chris!

Jon