[TriLUG] BZFlag rule changes.

Jeremy Portzer jeremyp at pobox.com
Tue Dec 16 10:05:52 EST 2003

On Tue, 2003-12-16 at 09:37, Chris Knowles wrote:
> Some people have asked that I make some changes to the rules for the
> BZFlag server, and rather than just impose them onto people, I thought
> I'd poll for input.
>
> The changes are:
>
> Change from 5 shots to 3 shots.

I'd agree we should give this a try.

> Add a shot limit to the Shockwave flag.

-1 from me also.  The shockwave is easy enough to kill because its range
is so small.

> Change the map that the Free-For-All server uses. (if you want this, I'd
> obviously need candidates for the map.)

I prefer the random maps.  The problem with a set map is that
experienced players will learn the best places to hide out, assault
from, etc.  The random maps keep the playing field a little more level.

Now, I need to rebuild my bzflag box, since my laptop doesn't seem to
run the new version very well... :-(

--Jeremy