[TriLUG] BZFlag rule changes.

Scott Lundgren s_l at mindspring.com
Tue Dec 16 10:15:47 EST 2003

>though I don't think there are any that have maps that take advantage of
>some new features to the maps.

What are the new map features ? Votes below.

> Change from 5 shots to 3 shots.
sure

> Add a shot limit to the Shockwave flag
- 1 also, for the reasons Tanner mentioned.

> Laser flag removal
I can see Jason's argument for this. The laser flag isn't useful when
($players > 5 && $map == close quarters) || ($players > 10 && $map ==
spacious). It's difficult to find a clear non-suicidal shot in the first
case, and someone will run up on you in the second. Since the TriLUG default
map is spacious and has around 5 players, getting repeatedly tagged with the
laser could be annoying. I think the shot limit on GM acts as the balancing
force for needing a long range weapon yin to counteract the GM yang. I'll
second a laser flag removal for a trial period to see if people miss having
it.

- SL