[TriLUG] BZFlag rule changes.

Turnpike Man turnpike420 at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 16 10:22:41 EST 2003

--- Chris Knowles <chrisk at trilug.org> wrote:
> Some people have asked that I make some changes to the rules for the
> BZFlag server, and rather than just impose them onto people, I thought
> I'd poll for input.
>
> The changes are:
>
> Change from 5 shots to 3 shots.

I like 5 shots, could live with 4.

> Add a shot limit to the Shockwave flag.

leave as is

> Change the map that the Free-For-All server uses. (if you want this, I'd
> obviously need candidates for the map.)

I like the random maps in FFA

> Also, if you have any ideas...

I prefer the laser stay.  There are numerous ways to avoid being hit by laser.
Find the CL flag, hop around on buildings staying off the plane of the laser,
hide behind buildings (taking a chance on a bounced laser of course) and last
but not least, getting the laser for yourself so you can eventually kill
yourself with it!  :)

I like the 15 for GM and 5 for L currently established rules.  I can't comment
on the new flags as I have't used them yet.