[TriLUG] bzflag memory requirements

David A. Cafaro dac at cafaro.net
Mon Dec 22 12:00:07 EST 2003

Depends on what resolution you are running.

At 1400x1050 my older 16MB Radeon Laptop can't do 3D at 24bit color
depth period (not enough memory), and it sucks at 16bit (but does work).

At 1024x768 3D works at 24bit but not well, and is playable at 16bit.

I usually stick to 800x600x24bit for gaming on my laptop due to memory
and graphic chip limits.

At 32MB you should be able to run 1400x1050 at 24bit True Color with OK
results.  But to really play you will probably want to drop it down the
either 1400x1050x16bit or 1024x768x24bit, those should play pretty
well.  I don't know for sure since I haven't played with the new mobile
Radeons, just what I would expect based on my older mobile radeon.

Cheers,
David