[TriLUG] Triple boot Red Hat 9, Windows Me and SuSE 9.0

Ram Rao ramraosaheb at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 25 20:10:02 EST 2003

I do most of my software development on Red-Hat 9
since it was new.
Recently I put together a Pentium 4 /1.7 GHz on an
Intel D845GEBV2 motherboard with 512k DDR-SDRAM. Threw
in a Samsung CDROM and three 40GB-7200 rpm Samsung
Puma hard disk drives. [hda, hdb and hdd]

hda on my computer has Red Hat 9
hdb has Windows Me

Wanting to check-out what SuSE had to offer, I bought
a SuSE Professional Linux 9.0 box.
SuSE installed uneventfully on hdd, but now Red-Hat 9
won’t boot. It chokes when it finds SuSE’s Reiser
filesystem and /boot

Disabling hdd (Secondary Slave) in bios, lets my Red
Hat 9 on hda (Primary Master) to boot normally.

Any suggestions how to get SuSE 9.0 and Red Hat 9 to
coexist?

Ram