[TriLUG] [OT]cygwin

Michael Hrivnak mhrivnak at triad.rr.com
Mon Dec 29 00:09:58 EST 2003

The app in question is Battlefield 1942.  It's not designed to run in a
window, but it's also not designed to run at 1280x1020 which is my LCD's
native resolution.  Rather than look like crap at 1280x920 full-screen,
I have it in a window.  WinXP is dumb enough to set it about 80 pixels
down and right from the top left corner of the screen, so a 1280x960
window hangs off the right side of the screen.

In a perfect world it would run under linux and I'd have a DVI
connection to the monitor, but neither is the case.  I do not have the
source, but I can alt-tab to other apps.  When I do though, I cannot use
the mouse to grab the BF window.

Thanks,

Michael