[TriLUG] Wifi drivers for Thinkpad T40 notebooks

Ed Hill ed at eh3.com
Mon Dec 29 12:29:22 EST 2003

On Mon, 2003-12-29 at 12:13, Carlos J. Cela wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am considering purchasing a Thinkpad T40 - I have seen that IBM sells
> models with Intel and IBM wifi cards. Have anyone setup Linux and made
> either the IBM or the Intel wifi adapter work correctly? are there
> drivers available for either wifi card?

Yes, drivers do exist (though some are only "beta" quality) for the
non-"Centrino" wifi chipsets.  See:

  http://www.linux-on-laptops.com/ibm.html
  http://bellet.info/~bellet/laptop/t40.html
  http://www.math.rutgers.edu/~amurphy/linux/IBM-T40.html

Ed

--
Edward H. Hill III, PhD
office:  MIT Dept. of EAPS;  Room 54-1424;  77 Massachusetts Ave.
email:   eh3 at mit.edu,  ed at eh3.com