[TriLUG] DVD Software

jsevans at nc.rr.com jsevans at nc.rr.com
Mon Dec 29 13:35:35 EST 2003

Intrex is selling DVD burners for $100, so I bought one with hopes that it
will work with Linux.  However, I have not had the best of luck.  So far,
I haven't even had enough luck to even watch a DVD movie with this drive
in Linux.  SuSE said that it couldn't because of copyright issues, and
Mandrake said that it couldn't read the movie with Xine or Mplayer.

Does
anyone have any suggestions here concerning movie players and recording
software.  So far, I can only use it under windows, with it's pre-packaged
OEM software and with Nero.

Jason