[TriLUG] Xmas wireless question

mike at dogstar1.com mike at dogstar1.com
Mon Dec 29 15:18:51 EST 2003

THis is a little off the main subject here but I was wondering what
experience folks had with 802.11g.  Particularly, I'm interrested in
knowing about the range.  I've read that the range is "up to" 300 feet.
Our cable modem is on the first floor and my pc is on the third floor of
our apartment.  Now this is no where near 300 feet but there are of course
two floors and a couple of walls between my pc and where the router would
need to be.  Anyone have any idea as to whether this will work.  I hate to
spend money on the router and card and it not work.

Thanks,

Mike