[TriLUG] DVD Software

The Crocodile tcroc at pasture.com
Mon Dec 29 19:27:34 EST 2003

I currently have the SONY DVD+-R/+-RW drive. I picked it up from BestBuy
for about 130$ after rebates about 2 months ago. I have burned about 5
DVD-R media with no issues whatsoever. I have tested it and used it
under RH9 and Fedora Core 1. I use K3B for my burning software and use
gmplayer for my DVD viewing software. The version of gmplayer that I use
(and I *think* all g/mplayer versions) do not support DVD menus. Some
other software does but I haven't had the need so I just use gmplayer.
K3B does a great job and recognized everything without any hassle
whatsoever.

I hope this helps.

--T