[TriLUG] Xmas wireless question

Greg Brown gregbrown at mindspring.com
Tue Dec 30 18:50:29 EST 2003

But we're back to business vs. home use.  Cisco has been wanting to get
into the home market for a long time so purchasing Linksys seems like a
logical step.  Comparing the quality of inksys hardware to something
that Cisco, Foundry, Extreme, etc might produce gives me a good
chuckle, though.  Last time I checked there was nothing from Linksys on
the government TIC approved list.  And there's a reason for that
(probably several).

In the end for home use Linksys is probably fine.  $79.00 for a card
and an AP is hard to beat.  On a network that I had to support I
wouldn't have a Linksys anything unless I wanted to visit the client on
a higher than regular basis for some reason.

Greg