[TriLUG] Xmas wireless question

Jim Ray jim at neuse.net
Tue Dec 30 19:43:38 EST 2003

0's and 1's don't differentiate biz/home or brand.  before corporate out of
nj laid down the law on their motorola router and frac t1 at my largest
client, i had roadrunner biz class service at that site with fancy schamncy
cisco 924 router.  it puked *3* times over 2 years while my residential
roadrunner connection with motorola cable modem and linksys router kept on
ticking.

too bad corporate pays ten times as much and gets ten times less bandwidth.
ah, the price of control.

Mbps, IP, DNS and cost are all that matter.  everything else can just go
home and is pure marketing fluff.