[TriLUG] Redhat and Proliant DL380G3 - any issues?

Jason Tower jason at cerient.net
Tue Dec 30 20:15:59 EST 2003

i've installed RHAS 2.1 on that exact hardware, the only thing that
required any extra effort was installing nic drivers (you have to d/l
and build a src rpm, no big deal).  there are also a whole bunch of
drivers and utilities (all rpms) for snmp hardware monitoring and
whatnot (fans, mass storage, raid controllers, cpu temp, nics, etc).
the catch is that some of them are tied to a specific RH kernel, so if
don't upgrade the kernel without doing your homework.  and DEFINITELY
don't upgrade the kernel remotely or else the nic driver will fail and
you'll be up the creek.

jason