[TriLUG] Redhat and Proliant DL380G3 - any issues?

Jason Tower jason at cerient.net
Wed Dec 31 11:46:49 EST 2003

let me guess: they are 3com nics, probably using the 3c59x module.  i
spent an hour the other day trying to get the exact same thing working
on a dell optiplex.  the only thing that worked was to grab a freedos
boot floppy and use a little 3com utility to permanently change the
setting in the nic firmware.  PITA.  i've said it before and i'll say
it again: 3com nics blow.  gimme a $5 realtek card any day.

jason