[TriLUG] completely and totally OT question

Frye, Matthew Matthew.Frye at rexhealth.com
Fri Jan 2 14:18:22 EST 2004

> Did the computer run Linux?  (Please, please, please, somebody help me
> find a way to make this thread be somehow related to the mailing list I
> subscribed to....*chuckle*)
>
> Chances are, if FBDO was filmed today, Ferris would be an OS X guy.

I would tend to doubt that.  Ferris seemed less concerned with his computer
than with having fun; something militant geeks just don't get.  He would
probably have a Winders PC, but not spend much time on it.

> And if you ignore the timeline discrepency, there are other glaring
> issues:
> 1) He took the day off to go outside and have fun; very little time was
> spent indoors.

Like I said, that computer was a very small part of his life.

> 2) He had a girlfriend.  And she was hot.

Yes, but that doesn't mean much.  I had a hot girlfriend once and she turned
into a psycho-ex-wife.

> 3) He drove a car without any geeky stickers on it.

He didn't even have a car.  This is central to the plot.  Remember, Cameron
had a "piece of s***," (that's a quote from the movie) and the Ferrari
belonged to Cameron's Dad.

> 4) His computer worked without a lot of messing around.

No doubt, considering he turned it on for the purpose of playing burp,
vomit, and cough sounds through his keyboard.

Offtopic to this OT: Cameron's last name was Frye.  :-P