[TriLUG] Knoppix 3.3 HELP PLEASE

Wolf Sherrod wolfnel at charter.net
Sat Jan 3 18:08:01 EST 2004

What's up?
 I have used Knoppix 3.3 about 3 or 4 months now, and I have just booted from the cd-rom on alot of different computers I have. It works great and "EVERYTHING" works.  But I wanted to edit my Conf. files (Samba,Httpd,etc.) but as you know "NO ROOT PASSWORD" oh well I just went ahead and did the hardrive install. It went great and it rebooted off the hard drive, went straight to the logon screen and I logged on to X-Windows (KDE)  Everything work and looks great "ONE PROBLEM" I now have not got any network,(Just localhost) I can't get on the net or anything .I can't ping my other machines or nothing.  Any suggestions or Ideas i can check or look for??
 i'm using a Linskys NC100 Networks Everywhere network Card that uses the "Tulip" driver(module).  I just tried Debian 3.1 for the 4th time with the basic CD-ROM (185mb) and I can get it installed and reboot but I can't ever get to X-Windows .  I pick X-windows during install but, I don't even think it installs it.  Also it has not reconized any of the network cards I have used during install , so I can't do the "NET-INSTALL" oh well I got one P.C. running Windows Server 2003, (1) "Box" running Fedora(Redhat) and (1) "Box" runnig Mandrake-Linux 9.2!!!! They all are networked together with a Linksys Router, and i can transfer files between them just fine using "Samba"  Any help on the Knoppix Network(internet connection) would be appreciated.  Have a Great day!!!
       P.S For a good laugh go to my web page.
               68.119.51.42
                                     "Linux Rocks"
                              Wolf S.