[TriLUG] Fedora, grub and ext3 questions

Carlos J. Cela ccela at nc.rr.com
Mon Jan 5 19:13:24 EST 2004

Hi,

I upgraded my home PC (a P3 Dell Dimension XPS, with a promise Ultra66
disk controller) from RH8 to Fedora Core, and grub is halting after
displaying "Stage 2" and a couple of graphic chars on the screen. I can
boot perfectly fine from a Fedora rescue disk, everything works when
doing so, but the PC will just not boot from the harddisk.

When upgrading to Fedora, I requested the installer to convert my root
partition from ext2 to ext3 - could this have cause grub not to work
properly?

I recall having issues long time ago getting the Promise Ultra66 to work
with RH7 (would install but not recognize the disk afterwards). Could
this be the case here?

Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks,

Carlos-