[TriLUG] wake-on-lan problems after powerloss

H Brett Bolen brettb at nc.rr.com
Mon Jan 5 20:58:19 EST 2004

I have wake-on-lan working on a supermicro mobo ( x5dal-g)
under linux ( of course).

However if power is removed ( pull plug from wall), and
then restored, then wake on lan doesn't work.

My guess is that the 'wol state' of the ethernet hardware
is not saved when the power is removed.  I did see some
other adaptors that had jumpers to enable wol ( which
would imply that the 'wol state' would be saved across
power outages.

Has anybody else had this problem?

what ethernet adaptors might fix this problem?

Supermicro support was no help.

thanks.
--
b²