[TriLUG] Partitioning for n-booting

Mike Mueller linux-support at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 6 16:41:57 EST 2004

I partitioned the hard disk on my laptop using DOS FDISK.  I created a FAT32
partition about 6GB and formatted it. The remainder of the disk was left
unpartitioned.

I popped in the Toshiba recovery disk and expected it to load into the small
partition I created.  Instead, the dang thing re-partitioned and re-formatted
the disk into an NTFS partition and ran the Symantec Ghost restore program.

I think I am stuck with having to buy Partition Magic so I can reduce the
NTFS partition so I can load GNU/Linux.

The NTFS partition is not well handled by non-Partition Magic
re-partitioners.  The recovery disk is not a real XP installer so I don't
have options for re-installing.

Am I missing something?
--
Mike Mueller