[TriLUG] Partitioning for n-booting

Marty Ferguson marty at rtmx.net
Tue Jan 6 17:59:33 EST 2004

Yes,

the ntfsresize utility.
http://mlf.linux.rulez.org/mlf/ezaz/ntfsresize.html

Marty

-----Original Message-----
From: trilug-bounces at trilug.org [mailto:trilug-bounces at trilug.org]On
Behalf Of Jason Tower
Sent: Tuesday, January 06, 2004 4:55 PM
To: Triangle Linux Users Group discussion list
Subject: Re: [TriLUG] Partitioning for n-booting

i *think* the latest versions of mandrake and/or suse can resize ntfs
during installation.  it's probably not 100% reliable but in your case
that shouldn't matter.  heck, the latest knoppix might have utilities
for this too.

alternatively you could install a smaller disk (i have a 4gb laptop disk
if you want to borrow it) and have the recovery disk write to that.
then copy the resulting 4gb partition to the 60gb disk and go from
there.  g4u would be useful for this perhaps, i've done it before.

jason