[TriLUG] RANT: Microsoft's "Get the Facts" campaign blunder #1

bp bp at itchy.kicks-ass.org
Tue Jan 6 18:44:41 EST 2004

No doubt all have seen or heard of Microsoft's latest anti-linux ad
campaign.1

I thought that big major point number two deserved a chuckle as it reads:
 "WinTel Server 10 Times Less Expensive to Operate than Linux Mainframe"

If that's the best they have to use for point #2 then I guess they're
hurting.

The "case study" starts by comparing the cost of an $480k IBM mainframe
and a single 2x900mhz Xeon Windows 2003 box with a cost listed of $25k.

1) http://www.microsoft.com/mscorp/facts/default.asp