[TriLUG] Moving KMail Settings

Mike Mueller linux-support at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 7 13:57:58 EST 2004

On Wednesday 07 January 2004 11:56, zzd wrote:
> On Wednesday 07 January 2004 11:44 am, z wrote:
> > I want to transfer my KMail filters from my old desktop to my new one. I
> > tried looking in ~/.kde but didn't see anything obvious. Any ideas?
>
> I just found the answer...
>
> ~/.kde/share/config/kmailrc

How are you managing old emails?  In the past I tarballed everything and
moved it all to the new machine.  I'd like to lighten up the move this time.

Is there some way to save everything in a mail client agnostic way.  I am
thinking about changing to Thunderbird.  I want to fish out old emails
without worrying about what email client to use.

--
Mike Mueller
324881 (08/20/2003)