[TriLUG] HTML email

Magnus Hedemark chrish at trilug.org
Thu Jan 8 10:29:45 EST 2004

On 8 Jan 2004, Jon Carnes wrote:

> BTW: Embrace the new era and accept that HTML email is here to stay...

Eww yuck.  HTML email takes power away from the reader and shifts it to
the composer.  Too often composers either exercise bad personal taste in
layout of their emails, or use tags/fonts that are not universal.  The
email I was griping about did indeed look pretty crappy in the MUA I was
reading from at the time (Apple Mail.app).

HTML email is one of those things that looks good on paper but looks like
crap on my screen.