[TriLUG] HTML email

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Thu Jan 8 11:38:02 EST 2004

On Thu, 2004-01-08 at 11:04, Dan Monjar wrote:
> --On Thursday, January 08, 2004 10:29:45 AM -0500 Magnus Hedemark
> <chrish at trilug.org> wrote:
>
> >> BTW: Embrace the new era and accept that HTML email is here to stay...
>
> *checks calendar*... yup, pretty much time to have this debate again.
>
> HTML mail is an abomination and it sucks, too.
>
> It is almost as bad as having a server that attaches winmail.dat files to
> every message it sends.  (I long for that discussion as well)...

I'll sit this one out (too busy getting ready for tonight).

But I will send one more salvo across the bow...

The text email that I get is almost always from technical sources that I
respect (though the content isn't always technical or respectful).

The html email that I get is either spam or from **paying** clients.  So
even though html is the "spammers choice", I love html email.  Consider
me a victim of Pavlov's law.

Jon Carnes