[TriLUG] up2date problems w/ Fedora Core 1

David R.Matusiak dave at matusiak.org
Thu Jan 8 13:23:59 EST 2004

hello TriLUG --

I have been trying to use up2date to download/install newer packages
onto my Fedora Core 1 machine and have been experiencing a variety of
problems.  The first problem is that the process will begin nicely, but
hang at any point once it has started.  It has hung on package
verification.  It has hung on package download.  It has hung on package
install.

I am only able to progress to "the next step" by killing the process
and beginning again.  Each time it will make it a little further before
tripping over itself.  Needless to say, I would like to get this
machine upgraded, but am at a loss for why up2date wants to lock-up
repeatedly.

The new error message I am getting tells me that each package has a
invalid GPG signature and that it is tampered or corrupted.  (Yet it
offers me the option to "continue" anyway?)  Any ideas on how to make
up2date behave?

Many thanks!
dave m.