[TriLUG] 2.6 kernel

elfick elfick at trilug.org
Fri Jan 9 10:28:19 EST 2004

On Fri, 2004-01-09 at 10:26, rasch at raschnet.com wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 09, 2004 at 10:12:36AM -0500, Daniel Monjar <daniel.monjar at na.biomerieux.com> wrote:
> > Has anyone worked with the 2.6 kernel yet?  I have a new install of
> > Mandrake 9.2 at home, pulled down the 2.6 tarball and tried the install.
> > It bombed out in one of the SCSI modules looking for some def's it couldn't
> > find.  I know it is vague but I'm not at home right now to give the real
> > error.

Do you need that module? If not, just remove it from the config and try
again.

> I've gotten the 2.6 to compile and load on gentoo, but i've been unable
> to get pcmcia-cs going so that i can use my wireless card.

I'm also using 2.6 on gentoo (2.6.0-test11 and 2.6.1-rc3) and I'm having
no luck with pcmcia either. it was a complete loss on test11, but the
correct kernel drivers get loaded on 2.6.1-rc3, but pcmcia-cs bombs out
on the compile. It seems there are some issues between the kernel,
pcmcia-cs, and module-init-utilities. I'm going to try 2.6.1 as soon as
it hits portage and see if that helps any.

-Lee