[TriLUG] Sendmail Relay

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Fri Jan 9 20:44:59 EST 2004

There are a few things to check
1) See if your RH7.3 server's Sendmail is actually listening for
external connections on port 25:
    netstat -na |grep 25
2) Make sure the firewall on the RH7.3 server allows external
connections to port 25 from the DG server:
    service iptables status
3) When you make changes to files (like access) in /etc/mail run "make"
from that directory. This will put the changes into the hash file
access.db.  You don't need to start/stop Sendmail.

If you make changes directly to sendmail.cf you *do* need to
stop/restart Sendmail.

Good Luck - Jon Carnes