[TriLUG] DNS

STaylor at srspos.com STaylor at srspos.com
Mon Jan 12 15:37:44 EST 2004

I set that option in named.boot which is displayed below.

//start of named.boot

; This is the named.boot file for cubeville.com
;
; This tells named where it's working directory is
directory /var/named
;
cache . named.ca
;
; This tells named where to look for unresolved DNS queries
forwarders 198.6.1.1 198.6.1.2

//end of named.boot

I am using the UUnet DNS servers which haven't changed in years.

This avoids the below mentioned  issues.

Thanks for the help,

Shawn

                      Chris MacLeod
                      <stick at miscellane        To:       Triangle Linux Users Group discussion list <trilug at trilug.org>
                      ous.net>                 cc:
                      Sent by:                 Subject:  Re: [TriLUG] DNS
                      trilug-bounces at tr
                      ilug.org

                      01/12/2004 02:53
                      PM
                      Please respond to
                      Triangle Linux
                      Users Group
                      discussion list

Kinda an odd question but are these boxes on Road Runner at home?

I didn't see anywhere in your config where you listed your forwarders.

Recently (last week I think) TW/RR changed their dns servers that they hand
out to all their clients.
My dns got slow (b/c I was forwarding to servers that weren't responding
anymore) and My dad's completely broke until
I went and fixed it.

Just a shot in the dark...