[TriLUG] need help in port forwarding

Payal Rathod payal-linux at staticky.com
Thu Jan 15 03:21:09 EST 2004

Hi,
I saw your post on google. Can you help me with port forwarding?
I need to use my friend's server - Mdk 9.2 machine as my proxy via. a
ssh tunnel. It has squid running on it on port 3128 and I did,

ssh -l payal -L 1080:127.0.0.1:3128 <ip>

But I got,

channel 2: open failed: connect failed: Connection refused
channel 2: open failed: connect failed: Connection refused
channel 2: open failed: connect failed: Connection refused
channel 2: open failed: connect failed: Connection refused

Can you suggest some ideas?

Thanks a lot.
-Payal

--
For GNU/Linux Success Stories and Articles visit:
          http://payal.staticky.com