[TriLUG] Apache Cookbook

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Fri Jan 16 10:22:33 EST 2004

On Fri, 2004-01-16 at 07:19, Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:
> Tanner Lovelace wrote:
>
> > So, there I was, browsing slashdot (no comments from the peanut
> > gallery, please ;-) when I noticed a book review about the Apache
> > Cookbook.  Specifically, I noted that one of the authors is our
> > very own Rodent of Unusual Size, Ken Coar!  Ken!  You haven't been
> > holding out on us, now have you? ;-)  Any interest in giving us
> > a talk about Apache?  Personally, I think an Apache Tips talk could
> > be very interesting...
>
> holding out?  i don't think there's been any secret about this; you
> just don't read my web log. :-)
>
> as you all know, i generally don't come to meetings; the only one
> i've been to, in fact, was something last year about the kernel.
> i suppose i could do a talk or something, but i don't know when.
> it would help if i knew exactly what sorts of things people wanted
> to know, so i encourage everybody on the list who's interested to
> reply *in this thread* with 'i'd like to hear about x' comments
> so i can try to come up with stuff that'll be the most useful to
> the most people.
> --
> #ken	P-)}

Cool Beans!

The two apache things that always send me diving into the docs:
 - Redirecting or changing URL's to display the URL in a nice way or to
send folks off to the proper location: mod_speling, mod_rewrite,
mod_alias, redirectmatch, etc...
 - Redirecting to another webserver from your local webserver:
mod_proxy, mod_proxy_ftp, mod_proxy_http, mod_proxy_connect.

I would also like to see a presentation on WebDAV. I think more folks
would be using this if it got more exposure. I think the Calendar
sharing is especially cool!
  http://www.webdav.org/

Jon Carnes