[TriLUG] [Trilug-announce] January Installfest, Sat. January 24th - Wake Tech, Garner area

Jason Tower jason at cerient.net
Sun Jan 18 00:25:37 EST 2004

> I have a few questions:
>    1. I've recently purchased SUSE 9.0 Enterprise software for my
> desktop. Are we going to offer SUSE expert installers at this
> installfest?? 2. My second question is this: Is it going to be
> possible to have two systems installed for one person? I've got a
> Mandrake system that needs to be updated as well.
>    3. I have another Linux convert, but he has a problem making any
> Saturday meeting because he has a small business at the fairgrounds.
> He makes custom guitars, and mandolas at a small business which is
> now being run by software from the "Evil Empire".  Since he can't
> make the Saturday date, he wants to know whether there is someone who
> could come to his shop in Cary and install him a Linux system on a
> Dell computer.  He has two hard drives so it shouldn't be difficult
> to let him keep what he has (Windows XP)  to run his accounting
> software until he can move over to something else in Linux which
> could go on the second drive.  He's willing to pay!!  I just don't
> feel qualified to attempt to do what he needs. --- Al Johnson.

1. i'm not the world's greatest suse expert, but i've used it a fair
amount and should be able to help.  i'll be at the installfest for
sure.

3.  i'd be happy to help your guitar-making friend out, supporting linux
for small businesses is what i do for a living :-)  have him reach me
at jason at cerient.net, or send me his info and i'll contact him.
directly.

jason