[TriLUG] Slightly OT: Are there Really Quiet Computer Case Fans?

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Mon Jan 19 00:59:49 EST 2004

On Mon, 2004-01-19 at 00:08, Jesse Aaron Safir wrote:
> Scott,
>
> I built a machine a few years ago with an Enlight case.  My goal was to
> make it as quiet as possible.  I bought a special "quiet" power supply and
> case fan and CPU fan.  It was still WAY too loud so now all I have at home
> is a laptop.  So..."quite fans" are probably a marketing ploy...

As a counter point, I purchased several "quiet" fans from a specialty
site (that specialized in selling quiet components) and they worked
quiet well.  :-)

You may have also noticed the machine I demo'ed with at the last TriLUG
meeting - noticed it for how quietly it ran.  Jason Tower built that
machine, and it is so quiet, I have to put my hand behind it to make
sure the fans are working (they are!).

Take care - Jon