[TriLUG] procmail help

William Schulz sws at trilug.org
Mon Jan 19 12:48:28 EST 2004

On Mon, Jan 19, 2004 at 12:03:27PM -0500, Brian A. Henning wrote:
> Generally, especially when working with something as well-developed as
> procmail, these things are smart enough to understand a leading / refers to
> the filesystem root, not the script root.  It's been a while since I've
> messed much with procmail, but I do believe something to the effect of
>
> :0
>
> will have the desired effect (eg. using SpamAssassin as a pre-filter).
>
> HTH; someone correct me if I'm wrong!

Two points:

1) Current version of SA use X-Spam-Status: YES as opposed to that listed above.

2) Unless the mail is to be delivered to a program, you can drop the
pipe on the the delivery line (see below).

Also, depending on where mail is delivered normally on your system, you
can just redefine the DEFAULT, and/or MAILDIR variables and use relative
paths from those.

Also, if using Maildir type boxes, be sure to include a trailing
slash(/).

:0

or, for Maildir

/home/username/some/path/to/spam/