[TriLUG] opportunity to promote linux to MBAs

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Mon Jan 19 21:14:16 EST 2004

If no one from Red Hat steps up, I would be happy to present an overview
of the use of Open Source (and Linux) in the modern work place.  I did a
presentation as part of a panel for the CIO conference a few months
ago.  The emphasis was on actual case-studies where Open Source
solutions gave superior performance and savings (over traditional
proprietary solutions).

After the Panel presentations we fielded questions from the amassed
CIO's of North Carolina, and ended the session by passing out free
copies of Knoppix CD's.

Here is a link to my 15 minutes of Fame at the CIO conference:
  http://www.trilug.org/~jonc/CIO_2003

I could easily expand this with three or four additional case studies -
or simply give an in-depth tour of Linux and it's capabilities.

Jon Carnes