[TriLUG] Distros at the Installfest

jsevans at nc.rr.com jsevans at nc.rr.com
Wed Jan 21 13:28:03 EST 2004

This will be my first installfest, and I was wandering what distros will be available.  I am hoping to install Debian, and I am sure that the other mainstream distros will be available also, but what about the lesser well known ones like Gentoo, Yellowdog, Sorcerer, Damn Small, and others.

Secondly, I am hoping to bring in my nearly dead 166mhz Dell Laptop in for installation.  Installation will have be primarily through floppy.  I mean primarily because the CDROM runs through a PCMCIA card.  Any suggestions for a small distro that I would need to bring with me, if it will not be provided?  I do not need a GUI interface on this machine.  Links, Bitchx, and mutt are good enough for me.

Finally, I mirrored the Mandrake contrib directory and the Penguin Liberation Front directories, and burned them on DVD-RW with new hdlist.cz files in case someone with a DVD-ROM wants those without spending time downloading the files.  The PLF files are uh.. Interesting.

Jason