[TriLUG] Adding to the list of topics: IPv6

Reginald Reed reginald at cisco.com
Fri Jan 23 07:57:28 EST 2004

I don't think it is a false generalization William.  The same has been said
about new technology/ideas throughout history.  The point people are trying
to make is the fact that even if its not an IP enabled toaster, there could
be many other new devices that haven't even been thought of yet that would
fully utilize full open connectivity to the Internet as a whole.  The idea
is that IPv6 a good step towards making sure new innovation isn't stifled by
the fact that there aren't enough IP addresses available to these new future
devices.

--Reggie