[TriLUG] Re: .wav to .mp3

Bill Whiting textux at bellsouth.net
Sun Jan 25 13:43:33 EST 2004

I setup a digital recording system for our church.  The method I use is
to convert wav to cdr (native CD PCM format) using sox and then use
cdrecord to burn the CD.
   e.g.

   sox sonny.wav /var/tmp/sonny.cdr
   cdrecord dev=1,0,0 -eject -audio /var/tmp/sonny.cdr

If you want to create a CD with MP3 files then you need to have a CD
player that will handle MP3 files and be sure that your MP3 file is
encoded in stereo.  Then create an ISO file system withthe mp3 files.

//Bill Whiting