[TriLUG] Microsoft NC Case

Magnus Hedemark chrish at trilug.org
Mon Jan 26 11:14:20 EST 2004

On 26 Jan 2004, David A. Cafaro wrote:

> They were giving those away in the give bags at LinuxWorld as well.
> Pushing it pretty hard aren't they?  Figure it might make any
> windows-to-linux transitions easier for me in the near future :-).

I'm deploying it now.  Yes, it does make things much easier if you're in a
shop that is primarily Windows with a significant *NIX minority.

Authenticating against Active Directory through NIS/KerbV is easy.  When I
have some more time I want to try to use LDAP instead of NIS.  You even
get a nice MMC snap-in so the Windoze sysadmins can manage *NIX user
metadata using the same tool that they use to manage Windoze accounts.