[TriLUG] OT: DSL for SOHO in Chapel Hill

Lisa Lorenzin lorenzin at 1000plus.com
Tue Jan 27 10:27:57 EST 2004

> 1.  Make sure that your domain points to the A record hostnames for your DNS
> provider.  All too often I come across zones that are pointed to CNAMES in
> their NS or SOA records.  This is very bad, and most BIND 9.x servers will
> fail to look your domain up in this circumstance.

does anybody know what technical problem is caused by having a zone point
to a CNAME?  i'm not looking for "it's not in compliance with the spec" -
i understand that.  i'm curious why the spec is written that way, and what
problem they're trying to solve or avoid...  it's something i've never
understood.

						regards,

							lisa

--
lisa lorenzin  |  lorenzin at 1000plus.com  |  http://www.1000plus.com/lisa/
of what avail is an open eye if the heart is blind? - solomon ibn gavirol