[TriLUG] how do I add an email account

Jason Tower jason at cerient.net
Tue Jan 27 10:38:23 EST 2004

1. you can create a local account and disable shell access by setting
the login shell to /bin/false or whatever.  that way it is impossible
to login as that user, ever with the password.  not exactly what you
wanted but it's close enough for a lot of cases.

2. use something like cyrus, which uses its own "subsystem" to handle
mail.  user accounts are defined from within cyrus itself, rather than
using system accounts.

jason