[TriLUG] OT: DSL for SOHO in Chapel Hill

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Tue Jan 27 14:21:02 EST 2004

On Tue, 2004-01-27 at 13:53, Magnus Hedemark wrote:
> On 27 Jan 2004, Jon Carnes wrote:
>
> > I knew that someone was going to post this, and I have to respectfully
> > respond: [bleep]
>
> Come on now, Jon, we have invited kids here.  Keep it clean.

*Opps* my bad!

> > On a /29 network there is little if any need for a remote secondary
> > DNS.
>
> So how do you expect mail to get sent to your backup MX?
>
> --Magnus

Well since you chopped off the context that pointed out that I recommend
an off-network secondary Mail server, I'll just post that as a response
to this.

For a small network where you don't have a secondary mail server to
accept the mail - you'll have to get your network up and running within
3 days 19 hours 59 minutes and 59 seconds of going down.

Jon